Seen as the place where East meets West, Istanbul has a cultural diversity that's lasted for centuries, stemming from the multitude of rulers it's had in history.
Among Istanbul's great wealth of monuments and landmarks are the ethereal Blue Mosque,[ReadMoreMob] glittering Topkapi Palace (once home of the sultans) vast Kapali Carsi (the world's largest covered bazaar) and the aromatic Egyptian Spice Market. Food is an important part of Istanbul's culture and particular highlights include çay bahçesis (tea gardens) kahvehans (coffeehouses) meyhanes (Turkish taverns) and kebapçıs (kebab restaurants) which the locals will welcome you into readily.
Cruises to Istanbul
Departs: Dover, United Kingdom • Tue 01 Sep 2020
28 nights • Boudicca • D2023
Unfortunately, this cruise will not be going ahead as planned. Please click here to find out more >
Sorry, this cruise has been cancelled.
Departs: Dover • Mon 18 Oct 2021
152 nights • Boudicca • D21GV
- This around the world voyage is an unforgettable discovery of spectacular islands, iconic cities, famous historical, cultural and spiritual sites, amazing wildlife and more.
- Taste Cuban life in Havana; indulge in the paradise of South Pacific Islands; learn of New Zealand’s Maori culture; and see Sydney’s icons, meet Koalas and celebrate New Year’s in Hobart.
- Encounter Bornean orangutans; delve into Vietnamese war history; explore Singapore and bustling Mumbai; seek-out Egyptian wonders; and even walk hallowed ground in Jerusalem and Bethlehem.
From £14,999ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Fujairah • Thu 17 Feb 2022
31 nights • Boudicca • D220304
- Cruising through the Middle East and sun-soaked Mediterranean on board Boudicca, you’ll seek out magnificent ancient wonders, fascinating holy sites and authentic experiences.
- Tour to some of the world’s great ancient sites in Egypt and Jordan, including the Great Pyramids of Giza; and take chances to visit holy Jerusalem and Bethlehem in Israel.
- Enjoy less-crowded explorations of Athens and Istanbul; discover the ruins of Ephesus from Kuşadası; see Valletta’s iconic Grand Harbour; and enjoy a taste of Morocco in Tangier.
From £3,899ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Limassol • Fri 04 Mar 2022
16 nights • Boudicca • D2204
- Visit beautiful islands and stunning cities – at a time of year with less tourists around – to discover highlights aplenty and immerse yourself in the Mediterranean’s rich diversity.
- Experience less-crowded discoveries of Istanbul’s grand mosques, glittering palaces and bazaars, and the ancient Acropolis and temples of the Greek capital, Athens.
- Visit the ancient wonder of Ephesus on tour from Kuşadası; behold the sight of Valletta’s Grand Harbour in Malta; and taste authentic Moroccan culture during a call at Tangier.
From £1,999ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Dover • Tue 27 Sep 2022
28 nights • Balmoral • L2222
- Visiting five stunning cities in five different countries, be immersed in the remarkable ancient history, authentic flavours and breathtaking beauty of the Black Sea.
- Step back to the days of Ottoman rule in unmistakable Istanbul; and take the chance to visit wine valleys and tea plantations in Russia and Georgia.
- You can explore Odessa’s labyrinth-like Catacombs, and the Danube Delta – on boat tour from Constanta – too, while you’ll also experience the best of the beautiful Mediterranean.
From £4,299ppFares Explained | What's Included