Invergordon, located at the head of Cromarty Firth in the stunning Scottish Highlands, has a homespun charm and serves as a gateway to the legendary waters of Loch Ness, Culloden Battlefield, the town of Inverness, and the Whyte & Mackay whisky distillery.
A short walk into the centre reveals the town’s collection of impressive murals painted by local artists, which tell stories of the local area.[ReadMoreMob] It’s also the perfect place to explore Scottish history amid the brooding splendour of 15th century Cawdor Castle (forever – but incorrectly – linked with Shakespeare's Macbeth), and the imposing Dunrobin Castle, which dates from the 13th century and houses a fine collection of paintings and family memorabilia belonging to the Earls of Sutherland.
No visit to Invergordon would be complete without a visit to Loch Ness – Scotland’s most famous loch. The largest volume lake in Scotland, Loch Ness stretches for 37 kilometres (20 miles) and is renowned for sightings of what is claimed to be the elusive Loch Ness Monster! Alleged sightings of the monster – affectionately known as Nessie – date back to 1933.
Considered the capital of the Highlands, Inverness is a city located on the banks of the River Ness. The northernmost city in the United Kingdom, Inverness from the Gaelic ‘Inbhir Nis’, meaning ‘Mouth of the River Ness,’ is home to a striking medieval castle, impressive cathedral, museum and art gallery and many cafés and restaurants.
Cruises to Invergordon
Departs: Liverpool • Sat 11 Jul 2020
7 nights • Black Watch • W2019
- Head north of the border from Liverpool to the breathtaking lochs and islands of Scotland, on a week-long adventure featuring explorations of beautiful waterways and visits to a string of diverse destinations.
- Immerse yourself in the mysteries of Loch Ness, on tour from Invergordon; uncover the ancient sites of the Orkneys; and seek-out natural wonders, such as Britain’s highest waterfalls from Ullapool.
- A call at Portree, gateway to some of Scotland’s oldest castles, is sandwiched between hours of unforgettable scenic cruising along lochs Broom, Torridon and Shieldaig, and by Fingal’s Cave and Duart Castle.
From £699ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Dover • Wed 15 Jul 2020
9 nights • Boudicca • D2018
- Experience the breathtaking scenery, ancient history and engrossing diversity of beautiful islands and two insightful cities, on this rewarding circumnavigation of the British Isles aboard
- Visits to the rugged Scottish isles of Skye, the Orkneys and the Shetlands will present chances to uncover Neolithic villages; historic castles; fascinating wildlife and spellbinding natural landscapes.
- Meanwhile, Invergordon awaits - gateway to the legendary waters of Loch Ness, while there’s also chances to discover some of the highlights of Cornwall, such as the iconic Eden Project, and beautiful Guernsey.
From £1,229ppFares Explained | What's Included