Located on Spain’s Atlantic Coastline, lively Gijon is one of Spain’s most important port cities.[ReadMoreMob] With a seafaring history and maritime heritage that dates back to Roman times, Gijon has – as you might expect – a large number of historic buildings, monuments and museums to enjoy as well as gorgeous beaches and beautiful landscapes.
Places of interest include the 19th century City Hall in Plaza Mayor, the Collegiate Church of San Juan Bautista, the Barloja Museum and the roman baths of the 16th century Valdes Palace. Those who prefer to relax and soak up the sunshine are spoilt for choice in Gijon, as the city is blessed with stunning stretches of soft sands such as San Lorenzo beach at Gijon Bay.
Cruises to Gijon
Departs: Dover • Thu 08 Apr 2021
9 nights • Bolette • T2107
- Step on board Bolette for this nine-night French and Spanish city discovery and you’ll unravel the rewards of some of Europe’s most beautiful, culture rich regions.
- Visiting northern Spain’s Galicia, Asturias and Cantabria regions, you can marvel at unspoilt coastal scenes, uncover prehistoric caves, sample traditional regional flavours, see famous landmarks and much more.
- In France, visit the beautiful Normandy region and historic Honfleur; and take the chance to explore the rich history and wine heritage of enchanting Bordeaux.
From £1,099ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Rosyth (Edinburgh) • Thu 01 Jul 2021
13 nights • Balmoral • L2120
- You’re in for a feast of diverse culture and enchanting beauty, as Balmoral takes you on an immersive journey of discovery to gorgeous and engrossing French and Spanish cities.
- Docking alongside the promenade in Bordeaux makes it easy to capture the city’s arts, culture and wine heritage, or even tour to a famous family-run vineyard nearby.
- There’s a rare visit to Saint Malo and charming Honfleur too; and in Spain, the cultural treasures and landmarks of Bilbao and Avilés await.
From £1,699ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Liverpool • Mon 19 Jul 2021
10 nights • Borealis • S2116
- Enjoy an authentic taste of France and Spain, visiting regions and destinations selected for links to famous food and drink.
- Visit Bordeaux, famed for its Medoc, Merlot and Saint Emilion wines – an overnight stay allows for a tour to an enchanting family-run vineyard, and see the city’s iconic sights too.
- On Brittany’s beautiful coast, you can tour to the famed oyster town of Cancale; while in Spain, Getxo and Avilés offer traditional Basque tapas, Rioja wines and sweet Asturian cider.
From £1,499ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Liverpool • Sun 26 Sep 2021
11 nights • Borealis • S2122
- A full-flavoured cruise adventure combining French city discovery and scenic cruising with an authentic taste of northern Spain.
- Borealis sails the picturesque Gironde and Garonne rivers to Bassens, your gateway to UNESCO-listed Bordeaux and some of France’s most famous countryside vineyards.
- Visit La Pallice for tours to historic La Rochelle too, and St Malo on the beautiful Brittany coast, plus delight in authentic flavours of Spain with traditional pintxos, Rioja and cider in Avilés and Getxo.
From £1,599ppFares Explained | What's Included