Cruising Western Scheldt River
Located in the province of Zeeland in the Netherlands, the Western Scheldt River is an estuary of the Scheldt River, and is the only direct way to the North Sea. An important shipping route for the port of Antwerp, the Western Scheldt River is formed in the east where the Schelde River enters the Netherlands from Belgium. An interesting route to cruise along, there are no bridges across the river, only a tunnel running from Ellewoutsdijk to Terneuzen, or foot ferries.
Cruises to Cruising Western Scheldt River
Departs: Dover, United Kingdom • Mon 18 May 2020
7 nights • Boudicca • D2011
Unfortunately, this cruise will not be going ahead as planned. Please click here to find out more >
Sorry, this cruise has been cancelled.
Departs: Dover • Fri 10 Jul 2020
5 nights • Boudicca • D2017
- This five-night escape to the Netherlands and Belgium delivers all the ingredients of an enriching break, with visits to captivating cities complemented by hours of memorable scenic cruising.
- Take advantage of time in Antwerp to uncover prized possessions such as the legendary diamond district, Grote Markt and artisan chocolate shops, before sailing the scenic Western Scheldt River.
- Then spend a day in Amsterdam, where world-famous attractions such as the Rijksmuseum and iconic canals await, and delight in the modern architecture of bustling Rotterdam – all in less than a week away.
From £599ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Newcastle • Tue 01 Sep 2020
8 nights • Balmoral • L2022
- Let Balmoral whisk you away to Belgium and France for a spellbinding late summer escape filled with the highlights of three enchanting cities and unforgettable scenic cruising of gorgeous rivers.
- You’ll sail the picturesque River Seine, passing through beautiful countryside, then visit Rouen – harbouring fascinating links to French history – and Honfleur, with its rich maritime heritage.
- Two days in Belgium begins with river cruising too, sailing the winding Western Scheldt, before the elaborate architecture, authentic Belgian chocolates and legendary diamond district of Antwerp await.
From £1,099ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Southampton • Fri 28 May 2021
5 nights • Braemar • M2112
- A rewarding journey from start to finish, this enriching five-night triple city break offers a blend of impressive sights, cultural delights, tempting flavours and a taste of the Fred. Olsen experience.
- Enjoy two rewarding days in the Netherlands: you’ll sail the Niewe Maas to futuristic Rotterdam and visit Amsterdam for a chance to take in its world-famous attractions and explore the iconic canals.
- In Belgium, enjoy ample time to uncover the gems of Antwerp, such as Grote Markt, the Diamond District and traditional Belgian chocolate shops, at leisure during an overnight stay.
From £699ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Rosyth (Edinburgh) • Wed 09 Jun 2021
8 nights • Balmoral • L2118
- For an inspirational summer cruise adventure, let small ship Balmoral whisk you away to the beautiful rivers, gorgeous countryside and charming cities of France and Belgium.
- On the River Seine, you’ll sail through fabulous French countryside; have time to immerse yourself in Rouen’s rich, diverse history; and delve into Honfleur’s rich maritime heritage.
- Cruising the picturesque Western Scheldt River begins two days in Belgium, before an exploration of Antwerp offers opportunities to discover an abundance of elaborate and iconic attractions.
From £1,199ppFares Explained | What's Included