Cruising Western Scheldt River
Located in the province of Zeeland in the Netherlands, the Western Scheldt River is an estuary of the Scheldt River, and is the only direct way to the North Sea. An important shipping route for the port of Antwerp, the Western Scheldt River is formed in the east where the Schelde River enters the Netherlands from Belgium. An interesting route to cruise along, there are no bridges across the river, only a tunnel running from Ellewoutsdijk to Terneuzen, or foot ferries.
Cruises to Cruising Western Scheldt River
Departs: Southampton • Fri 28 May 2021
5 nights • Braemar • M2112
- A rewarding journey from start to finish, this enriching five-night triple city break offers a blend of impressive sights, cultural delights, tempting flavours and a taste of the Fred. Olsen experience.
- Enjoy two rewarding days in the Netherlands: you’ll sail the Niewe Maas to futuristic Rotterdam and visit Amsterdam for a chance to take in its world-famous attractions and explore the iconic canals.
- In Belgium, enjoy ample time to uncover the gems of Antwerp, such as Grote Markt, the Diamond District and traditional Belgian chocolate shops, at leisure during an overnight stay.
From £449ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Rosyth (Edinburgh) • Wed 09 Jun 2021
8 nights • Balmoral • L2118
- For an inspirational summer cruise adventure, let small ship Balmoral whisk you away to the beautiful rivers, gorgeous countryside and charming cities of France and Belgium.
- On the River Seine, you’ll sail through fabulous French countryside; have time to immerse yourself in Rouen’s rich, diverse history; and delve into Honfleur’s rich maritime heritage.
- Cruising the picturesque Western Scheldt River begins two days in Belgium, before an exploration of Antwerp offers opportunities to discover an abundance of elaborate and iconic attractions.
From £1,149ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Southampton • Tue 02 Nov 2021
5 nights • Bolette • T2126
- A five-night cruise combining a taste of Fred. Olsen’s cruising experience, and visits to two culture-rich cities, this is a perfect short break.
- In Belgium, Bolette will sail the scenic Western Scheldt to Antwerp, where highlights such as the iconic Cathedral of our Lady, Grote Markt and the legendary Diamond District await.
- Visiting Amsterdam offers a chance to discover the Dutch capital’s highlights, from Anne Frank House to Rijksmuseum, and experience a boat tour of the iconic, UNESCO-listed Canal Ring.
From £599ppFares Explained | What's Included