Cruising Western Scheldt River
Located in the province of Zeeland in the Netherlands, the Western Scheldt River is an estuary of the Scheldt River, and is the only direct way to the North Sea. An important shipping route for the port of Antwerp, the Western Scheldt River is formed in the east where the Schelde River enters the Netherlands from Belgium. An interesting route to cruise along, there are no bridges across the river, only a tunnel running from Ellewoutsdijk to Terneuzen, or foot ferries.
Cruises to Cruising Western Scheldt River
Departs: Southampton • Tue 17 Mar 2020
7 nights • Black Watch • W2007
- Uncover a host of the Low Countries’ highlights on this wonderfully rewarding week away; Black Watch will divert inland in the Netherlands and Belgium to bring you diverse scenery and the attractions of four captivating cities.
- Sail straight into Amsterdam via the Nordzeekanaal and take advantage of an overnight stay in Dutch capital to visit Anne Frank House, take a boat tour of the iconic canals and more. The architectural wonders of Rotterdam – the Netherlands’ second city – await you too.
- Three days in Belgium will be packed with highlights – discover the famous landmarks of Ghent; cruise the Ghent-Terneuzen Canal and the Western Scheldt River; and stop overnight at Antwerp for diamond, chocolates and intricate architecture.
From £949ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Dover • Mon 18 May 2020
7 nights • Boudicca • D2011
- In typical Fred. Olsen fashion, you’ll get closer to the quintessential highlights of four charming Dutch and Belgian cities and experience hours of memorable scenic river cruising on this seven-night sailing.
- In Belgium, sail the picturesque Western Scheldt River to Antwerp, with its legendary diamonds and chocolate shops; then visit medieval Ghent, renowned for its historic churches and mighty spires.
- Two days in the Netherlands begins with a call at Amsterdam, home to world-famous canals, museums and galleries; before energetic Rotterdam brings a futuristic end to your rewarding adventure.
From £999ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Dover • Fri 10 Jul 2020
5 nights • Boudicca • D2017
- This five-night escape to the Netherlands and Belgium delivers all the ingredients of an enriching break, with visits to captivating cities complemented by hours of memorable scenic cruising.
- Take advantage of time in Antwerp to uncover prized possessions such as the legendary diamond district, Grote Markt and artisan chocolate shops, before sailing the scenic Western Scheldt River.
- Then spend a day in Amsterdam, where world-famous attractions such as the Rijksmuseum and iconic canals await, and delight in the modern architecture of bustling Rotterdam – all in less than a week away.
From £749ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Newcastle • Tue 01 Sep 2020
8 nights • Balmoral • L2022
- Let Balmoral whisk you away to Belgium and France for a spellbinding late summer escape filled with the highlights of three enchanting cities and unforgettable scenic cruising of gorgeous rivers.
- You’ll sail the picturesque River Seine, passing through beautiful countryside, then visit Rouen – harbouring fascinating links to French history – and Honfleur, with its rich maritime heritage.
- Two days in Belgium begins with river cruising too, sailing the winding Western Scheldt, before the elaborate architecture, authentic Belgian chocolates and legendary diamond district of Antwerp await.
From £1,099ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Southampton • Fri 28 May 2021
5 nights • Braemar • M2112
- A rewarding journey from start to finish, this enriching five-night triple city break offers a blend of impressive sights, cultural delights, tempting flavours and a taste of the Fred. Olsen experience.
- Enjoy two rewarding days in the Netherlands: you’ll sail the Niewe Maas to futuristic Rotterdam and visit Amsterdam for a chance to take in its world-famous attractions and explore the iconic canals.
- In Belgium, enjoy ample time to uncover the gems of Antwerp, such as Grote Markt, the Diamond District and traditional Belgian chocolate shops, at leisure during an overnight stay.
From £699ppFares Explained | What's Included