Cruising River Elbe
The River Elbe is one of the main waterways in Central Europe. Stretching from the Czech Republic all the way to the North Sea via Germany, this beautiful waterway winds its way through tall hills, past vast plains and alongside pretty towns and cities.
The Lower Elbe – known locally as Unterelbe – is Fred. Olsen's route into Hanseatic Hamburg, Germany's historic second city. This 110 kilometre stretch of water serves as a vital shipping link between Hamburg's busy container port – the second largest in Europe – and the North Sea, but is also very picturesque – perfect a relaxing scenic cruise.
As you sail to and from the very heart of Hamburg, you'll take in views of the lush-green German countryside, pass by pretty river islands and nature reserves such as Schwarztonnensand and Pagensand and see the delightful towns of Glückstadt and Brunsbüttel.
Cruises to Cruising River Elbe
German Waterways with Kiel Week • M2218
- Be part of the Kieler Woche celebrations
- Experience scenic cruising of the Kiel Canal
- Discover Bremen, Hamburg and Travemünde
Explore Western Europe Cities & Rivers • S2231
- Visit Christmas Markets in Hamburg
- Sample wine, calvados & camembert in Honfleur
- Explore the Anne Frank House in Amsterdam