Cruising River Elbe
The River Elbe is one of the main waterways in Central Europe. Stretching from the Czech Republic all the way to the North Sea via Germany, this beautiful waterway winds its way through tall hills, past vast plains and alongside pretty towns and cities.
The Lower Elbe – known locally as Unterelbe – is Fred. Olsen's route into Hanseatic Hamburg, Germany's historic second city. This 110 kilometre stretch of water serves as a vital shipping link between Hamburg's busy container port – the second largest in Europe – and the North Sea, but is also very picturesque – perfect a relaxing scenic cruise.
As you sail to and from the very heart of Hamburg, you'll take in views of the lush-green German countryside, pass by pretty river islands and nature reserves such as Schwarztonnensand and Pagensand and see the delightful towns of Glückstadt and Brunsbüttel.
Cruises to Cruising River Elbe
Departs: Dover • Sun 22 Mar 2020
7 nights • Boudicca • D2007
- Five days of this seven-night cruise will be filled with unforgettable sights and experiences, both during hours of scenic river and canal cruising on board smaller-sized Boudicca and during time spent ashore exploring charming cities and seaside resorts.
- Enjoy memorable journeys along the size-restricted Kiel Canal en route to and from Warnemünde, where you’ll have a day to uncover the city’s white sand beaches and historic sites, or even tour Berlin.
- The River Elbe is your route into Hamburg, a city showcasing a mix stunning Hanseatic architecture and contemporary attractions; while a cruise along the Weser River will lead you into Bremen, renowned for its impressive Gothic-style structures and medieval Schnoor district.
From £849ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Dover • Wed 03 Jun 2020
8 nights • Boudicca • D2013
- Reap the rewards of Boudicca’s smaller dimensions on this eight-night cruise, with chances to revel in the gorgeous countryside scenery of Germany’s size-restricted Kiel Canal and beautiful Elbe River.
- During six rewarding days of German discovery you can delve into Lübeck’s fascinating history and take in Berlin’s iconic landmarks, on tours from Travemünde and Warnemünde respectively, too.
- There’s also a full-day to explore Hamburg, with its diverse attractions including the magnificent Rathaus and the Miniatur Wunderland; and a visit to Bremen, boasting a medley of architectural gems.
From £1,199ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Dover • Thu 17 Sep 2020
7 nights • Balmoral • L2024
- A classic cruise combining scenic cruising through gorgeous countryside and visits to attraction-packed destinations, this highly rewarding week away shows you Germany at its finest.
- You’ll bypass coastal Bremerhaven and sail by the pretty fields and valleys of the River Weser to Bremen, where the gothic-style Marktplatz and medieval Schnoor district are among many highlights.
- Hamburg, rich in historical and contemporary delights, awaits after sailing the winding Elbe River too; while there’s also a visit to Warnemünde and an unforgettable full-day transit of the Kiel Canal.
From £949ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Dover • Sat 17 Apr 2021
7 nights • Boudicca • D2108
- Cruising picturesque German waterways is always deeply rewarding, though you’re in for an even more memorable experience with journeys through the countryside scenes of size-restricted routes.
- Aboard Boudicca, you’ll sail the narrow Kiel Canal and winding River Elbe en route to Hamburg, where an impressive mix of historical and contemporary attractions awaits your discovery.
- There’s also visits to the seaside resort of Warnemünde, gateway to the historic Hanseatic city of Rostock, and Bremen, a delight to explore with its diverse districts and architectural gems.
From £899ppFares Explained | What's Included