Pinched between the spectacular islands of Austvagoy and Hinnoya, the 25-kilometre-long, size-restricted Raftsundet Strait is only accessible to smaller ships such as those in the Fred. Olsen fleet.
On a scenic cruise through Raftsundet, your ship will navigate a narrow canyon of glass-like waters and mountains, bringing you almost to touching distance of the rugged, low-lying rock faces along one side of the sound, and the mighty Raftsundet Alps – which soar up to 1,200 metres – dominating the other.
Cruises to Cruising Raftsundet
Departs: Liverpool • Fri 25 Sep 2020
12 nights • Black Watch • W2027
- Savour the effortlessly alluring scenery and tranquillity of breathtaking islands in Northern Norway, with explorations of the rugged and remote Lofoten and Vesterålen archipelagos.
- Visit Leknes, for fascinating Viking history and scenes of mountain peaks and beautiful beaches; and the unique ‘Blue Town’ of Sortland; and experience scenic cruising by picturesque Reine.
- Elsewhere, you’ll stop overnight in Tromsø, home of the iconic Arctic Cathedral and Mount Storsteinen; and sail past the Torghatten and Seven Sisters mountains aboard Black Watch.
From £1,499ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Liverpool • Thu 03 Jun 2021
12 nights • Black Watch • W2112
- With chances to uncover rugged waterways and archipelagos, and experience the magic of the Midnight Sun, immerse yourself in Northern Norway’s unrivalled drama and beauty.
- Enjoy unforgettable small ship scenic cruising into spectacular Trollfjord, Raftsundet and by beautiful Reine; and explore ashore amongst Lofoten and Vesterålen’s astonishing scenery.
- Take in the attractions of Tromsø, including the iconic Arctic Cathedral and Mount Storsteinen; visit charming Kristiansund and Sandnessjøen, and see intriguing Torghatten too.
From £1,799ppFares Explained | What's Included