Cruising North Sea Canal
The North Sea Canal (or Noordzeekanaal) is Amsterdam’s direct link to the North Sea and is one of the country’s busiest and most important shipping lanes.
Despite its industrial importance, there’s a lot more to this winding waterway than just container ships. Along the banks of the 16-mile-long canal – from the mouth at Ijmuiden, to the end in Amsterdam – there are an abundance of diverse sights to see on a scenic cruise to the Dutch capital, including interesting fortifications from World War Two, huge power plants, pretty beaches and nature reserves.
Cruises to Cruising North Sea Canal
Departs: Dover • Sat 01 May 2021
5 nights • Boudicca • D2110
- With a destination to explore every single day, plenty of highlights awaiting discovery in each, and evenings of scenic cruising to enjoy too, this five-night escape is a rewarding Bank Holiday break.
- After a day in contemporary Rotterdam, a specially timed visit to Amsterdam will afford a chance to visit the Keukenhof Gardens revel in the seasonal colours and scents of iconic tulips fields.
- An overnight stay in Antwerp allows ample time for exploration: you can uncover gems such as the legendary diamond district and Royal Museum of Fine Arts, and indulge with authentic Belgian chocolates.
From £649ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Southampton • Fri 28 May 2021
5 nights • Braemar • M2112
- A rewarding journey from start to finish, this enriching five-night triple city break offers a blend of impressive sights, cultural delights, tempting flavours and a taste of the Fred. Olsen experience.
- Enjoy two rewarding days in the Netherlands: you’ll sail the Niewe Maas to futuristic Rotterdam and visit Amsterdam for a chance to take in its world-famous attractions and explore the iconic canals.
- In Belgium, enjoy ample time to uncover the gems of Antwerp, such as Grote Markt, the Diamond District and traditional Belgian chocolate shops, at leisure during an overnight stay.
From £699ppFares Explained | What's Included