Karmsund, a narrow waterway separating Karmoey Island from Haugesund, is only navigable by smaller ships such as those in the Fred. Olsen fleet.
So, while guests on board larger cruise ships have to spend more time out in the open sea to pass by Karmoey, on a Fred. Olsen cruise to this beautiful region you can enjoy memorable scenic cruising through Karmsund.
As you sail the strait you'll take in views of pretty towns and gorgeous countryside scenes stretched along the shores, see rugged islands and islets up-close, and pass under the impressive Karmsund Bridge all while relaxing on board your ship.
Cruises to Cruising Karmsund
Springtime Waterfalls & Norwegian Fjords • M2313
- Scenic cruise beautiful waterways & visit contrasting fjordland destinations
- Sail rugged Lysefjord and witness the tumbling Langfoss & Fureberg waterfalls
- Experience Bergen like a local and see the beauty of Eidfjord & Skjolden
Scenic Summertime Norwegian Fjords • M2318
- Experience the beauty and natural wonders of the fjordland to the full
- See the summertime scenery of Hardangerfjord, Maurangerfjord, Sognefjord and more
- Go fjord kayaking, witness spectacular waterfalls and marvel at mighty mountains
Classic Norwegian Fjords • M2322
- Sail scenic, size-restricted waterways as it turns from summer to autumn in the fjordland
- Revel in the beauty of Hardangerfjord, Nordfjord and Karmsund, and see mighty Hornelen
- Experience fjord kayaking, tour to the Briksdal Glacier, and see Bergen like a local too