Cruising Great Barrier Reef
The simply spectacular corals, tropical islands and colourful flora and fauna of the Great Barrier Reef have to be seen to be believed, and there’s no better way to appreciate the outstanding natural beauty of this UNESCO-listed wonder than on a Fred. Olsen cruise.
Admire the striking colours of the coral cays piercing through the crystal-clear waters; look out for rays, dolphins, sea turtles, giant clams and over 1500 species of tropical fish swimming between the dense reefs; and keep an eye on the skies to spot more than 200 types of birds all from the comfort of your ship’s decks.
Cruises to Cruising Great Barrier Reef
Departs: Phuket • Thu 28 Nov 2019
42 nights • Boudicca • D192829
- Combining calls at stunning Indonesian islands and diverse destinations in the land ‘Down Under’, this incredible voyage packs in plenty of highlights, from beautiful landscapes and beaches to Australian icons including native wildlife, world-famous landmarks and legendary New Year’s Eve celebrations.
- Your exploration of Indonesia includes chances to explore Weh Island’s fauna-rich jungle and warm, clear waters; visit Java Island’s sensational Borobudur Temple; marvel at the Gunung Rinjani volcano on Lombok Island; go ashore at Komodo Island; and sample paradise at beautiful Bali.
- In Australia, you’ll visit beautiful Broome, Fremantle – for tours to Perth – and historic Albany on the west coast; sail the south coast, stopping at Kangaroo Island, Melbourne and Hobart; and visit Sydney on New Year’s Eve, cruise the Great Barrier Reef and stop at Townsville along the east coast.
From £3,999ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Benoa • Wed 11 Dec 2019
28 nights • Boudicca • D1929
- An abundance of Australian icons await you on this unforgettable exploration of the land ‘Down Under’, with visits to coastal towns, cities and islands of three sides of Australia offering famous wildlife, natural wonders, quintessential beaches and landmarks.
- Highlights include Broome’s beautiful Cable Beach; historic Albany, where Australia’s first European settlers landed; Kangaroo Island, home to wild kangaroos, wallabies and koalas; an overnight stay in Melbourne, the ‘World’s Most Liveable City’; and scenic cruising of the breathtaking Great Barrier Reef.
- Visiting Sydney on New Year’s Eve will be simply unforgettable, with a chance to experience all the excitement of legendary festive celebrations, including the city’s spectacular fireworks display. An extended stay allows time to discover iconic sites, such as the Opera House and Bondi Beach, too.
From £2,699ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Benoa • Wed 11 Dec 2019
42 nights • Boudicca • D192901
- Explore three sides of the land ‘Down Under’ to discover Australian icons including native wildlife, world-famous landmarks and even legendary New Year’s Eve celebrations before heading to Papua New Guinea and Indonesia for feast of history, culture and spectacular natural beauty.
- In Australia, you’ll visit beautiful Broome, Fremantle – for tours to Perth – and historic Albany on the west coast; sail the south coast, stopping at Kangaroo Island, Melbourne and Hobart; and on the east coast, visit Sydney on New Year’s Eve and marvel at the wonders of the Great Barrier Reef.
- Calls at Alotau, Wewak and Madang present opportunities to immerse yourself in Papua New Guinea’s authentic tribal culture and fascinating war-influenced history; while in Indonesia, magical islands await, including Komodo Island – home to the world’s largest lizard – and idyllic Bali.
From £5,699ppFares Explained | What's Included