Situated 6 Kilometres off the rugged west coast of Ireland, Clare Island, the 'Gem of the Western Isles', is a sight to behold as you sail by in the comfort of your Fred. Olsen ship.
You'll be taken as close to the island as possible, slicing through the surrounding Atlantic Ocean waters, for unspoilt views of its nature-carved coastline and landscape, which is overlooked by the 465-metre-high peak of mighty Croaghmore Mountain. Amongst the scenes of verdant valleys, rolling hills and imposing cliffs, look out for the seabirds and other fauna that inhabit them, as well rare arctic-alpine flora, through your binoculars.
Cruises to Cruising Clare Island
Touring Scenic Ireland in FIve Nights • S2209
- Exploration of scenic and city highlights
- Smaller Borealis takes you off the beaten track
- Visit the impressive cathedral and harbour in Cobh
Touring Scenic Ireland in 5 Nights • S2222
- Visit the Giant’s Causeway from Belfast
- Scenic cruise the beautiful Lough Swilly
- Explore the medieval city of Galway