Cruising by The Needle
'Pinned' just off south west coast of Hoy Island, the 230 ft-high Needle is the Orkney archipelago's second-highest rock stack.
Along with the legendary Old Man of Hoy, the Needle is one of the Orkney's most popular climbing hotspots, a haven for various seabird species and is a magnificent sight to admire from the comfort of your ship's decks.
Cruises to Cruising by The Needle
Departs: Rosyth (Edinburgh) • Sat 23 May 2020
5 nights • Balmoral • L2010
- Encompassing two beautiful countries, this short, yet spellbinding escape manages to pack into the highlights of picturesque waterways, islands and a former ‘European Capital of Culture’ into just five nights.
- Enjoy a taste of Norway, with unforgettable scenic cruising by the mighty mountains and rock formations of size-restricted Lysefjord and time to uncover the contrasting sights of Stavanger.
- The Scottish leg of your holiday includes opportunities to capture the unspoilt coastal scenes of the Shetlands; look out for native seabirds such as puffins and fulmars; and marvel at the Orkney’s geological wonders.
From £399ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Rosyth (Edinburgh) • Thu 05 Aug 2021
5 nights • Balmoral • L2124
- In just five nights, visit two beautiful countries to uncover intriguing islands, natural wonders and enchanting wildlife for a short, yet simply unforgettable summer break.
- See magnificent sea stacks guarding the rugged Orkneys; and visit the Shetlands to take in gorgeous coastal scenery, remarkable ancient settlements and wildlife such as iconic native ponies.
- Marvel at the unspoilt beauty of the uninhabited islets of Gáshólmur and Tindhólmur; arch-shaped Drangarnir and picturesque Gásadalur; plus the bird habitats of Hestur Island and Mykines.
From £749ppFares Explained | What's Included