Cruising by Stromboli
Situated just north of Sicily, Stromboli Island is one of the smallest Aeolian Islands, but arguably the most famous thanks to its intense volcanic activity.
One of the Europe's most active volcanos after Mount Etna, Stromboli has been erupting for over 2000 years and almost non-stop since 1932. The island's eruptions are so distinctive that geologists use 'Strombolian' to describe similar eruptions around the world.
Cruising by Stromboli is always a memorable experience and from the comfort and safety of your ship you'll take in unforgettable views of stunning landscapes moulded by unstoppable molten rock and lava flows. Look out for black sand beaches and tiny inhabited settlements dotted along the lower slopes of the cone-shaped island. You may even be lucky enough to witness volcanic activity as you sail by too.
Departs: Southampton • Fri 27 Sep 2019
25 nights • Braemar • M1925
An outstanding voyage that has been specially crafted to feature a captivating collection of authentic Greek sights and experiences, this 25-night cruise is packed with an array of diverse highlights. Ancient towns, historic monuments galore, beautiful beaches and much more; Braemar will take you closer to it all as you sail to stunning destinations such as Rhodes, Crete and Kefalonia. Then there is the pièce de résistance; an unforgettable, record-breaking sailing of the remarkable Corinth Canal – an unreal sailing experience.
From £6,299ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Southampton • Fri 16 Apr 2021
25 nights • Braemar • M2109
- An outstanding voyage specially crafted to show you some of Greece’s most unique and authentic sights and experiences, this cruise is packed with the diverse highlights of an array of stunning destinations.
- The archaeological wonders of ancient towns, cultural and historical gems, beautiful beaches, postcard-perfect scenery and much more – your smaller-sized ship will bring you closer to it all with visits to gorgeous islands such as Crete, Rhodes and Kefallonia.
- The pièce de résistance is a simply unforgettable scenic cruise of the narrow Corinth Canal aboard Braemar, the longest ship to pass between this incredible waterway’s imposing, carefully carved cliffs.
From £4,399ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Liverpool • Tue 04 May 2021
18 nights • Black Watch • W2109
- Sail into the Mediterranean in the spring and succumb to the scenic, historical and cultural charms of sun-bathed Spanish, Italian and French destinations on this enchanting island-hopping adventure.
- Uncover Menorcan highlights such as impressive Monte Toro and glorious beaches; and take advantage of time in Mallorca to explore charming Palma, or take a scenic train ride to beautiful Sóller.
- Marvel at the dramatic Prunelli Gorges on the fabulous French Island of Corsica; enjoy the scenery, wines and traditions of Sardinia, Italy; and revel in the rich history of Valletta, Malta’s ancient capital.
From £2,499ppFares Explained | What's Included