Cruising by Stromboli
Situated just north of Sicily, Stromboli Island is one of the smallest Aeolian Islands, but arguably the most famous thanks to its intense volcanic activity.
One of the Europe's most active volcanos after Mount Etna, Stromboli has been erupting for over 2000 years and almost non-stop since 1932. The island's eruptions are so distinctive that geologists use 'Strombolian' to describe similar eruptions around the world.
Cruising by Stromboli is always a memorable experience and from the comfort and safety of your ship you'll take in unforgettable views of stunning landscapes moulded by unstoppable molten rock and lava flows. Look out for black sand beaches and tiny inhabited settlements dotted along the lower slopes of the cone-shaped island. You may even be lucky enough to witness volcanic activity as you sail by too.
Cruises to Cruising by Stromboli
Departs: Southampton • Fri 16 Apr 2021
25 nights • Braemar • M2109
- An outstanding voyage specially crafted to show you some of Greece’s most unique and authentic sights and experiences, this cruise is packed with the diverse highlights of an array of stunning destinations.
- The archaeological wonders of ancient towns, cultural and historical gems, beautiful beaches, postcard-perfect scenery and much more – your smaller-sized ship will bring you closer to it all with visits to gorgeous islands such as Crete, Rhodes and Kefallonia.
- The pièce de résistance is a simply unforgettable scenic cruise of the narrow Corinth Canal aboard Braemar, the longest ship to pass between this incredible waterway’s imposing, carefully carved cliffs.
From £4,799ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Liverpool • Tue 04 May 2021
18 nights • Black Watch • W2109
- Sail into the Mediterranean in the spring and succumb to the scenic, historical and cultural charms of sun-bathed Spanish, Italian and French destinations on this enchanting island-hopping adventure.
- Uncover Menorcan highlights such as impressive Monte Toro and glorious beaches; and take advantage of time in Mallorca to explore charming Palma, or take a scenic train ride to beautiful Sóller.
- Marvel at the dramatic Prunelli Gorges on the fabulous French Island of Corsica; enjoy the scenery, wines and traditions of Sardinia, Italy; and revel in the rich history of Valletta, Malta’s ancient capital.
From £2,499ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Southampton • Fri 23 Sep 2022
25 nights • Braemar • M22CC
- Make unforgettable memories on a seemingly impossible navigation through the narrowing cliffs of Greece’s remarkable Corinth Canal, made possible thanks to record-breaking Braemar’s smaller size.
- Uncover the captivating sights and sites of Greek islands, including the ancient wonders, beautiful beaches and palm-lined promenades of Crete, Rhodes, sleepy Syros and Kefallonia too.
- Immerse yourself in the Mediterranean magic of stunning islands and cities in Spain, Italy, Malta and Portugal, and revel in the spectacular sight of the mighty Stromboli Volcano.
From £4,399ppFares Explained | What's Included