Cruising by Stromboli
Situated just north of Sicily, Stromboli Island is one of the smallest Aeolian Islands, but arguably the most famous thanks to its intense volcanic activity.
One of the Europe's most active volcanos after Mount Etna, Stromboli has been erupting for over 2000 years and almost non-stop since 1932. The island's eruptions are so distinctive that geologists use 'Strombolian' to describe similar eruptions around the world.
Cruising by Stromboli is always a memorable experience and from the comfort and safety of your ship you'll take in unforgettable views of stunning landscapes moulded by unstoppable molten rock and lava flows. Look out for black sand beaches and tiny inhabited settlements dotted along the lower slopes of the cone-shaped island. You may even be lucky enough to witness volcanic activity as you sail by too.
Cruises to Cruising by Stromboli
Corinth Canal & Ancient Greece • M2212
- Sail the extremely narrow Corinth Canal
- Discover the archaeological site of Olympia
- Explore the Acropolis & Parthenon in Athens
Corinth Canal and Greek Islands • M22CC
- Sail through the narrowing cliffs of Greece’s remarkable Corinth Canal
- Uncover the captivating sights and sites of Greek islands
- Immerse yourself in the Mediterranean magic of stunning cities in Spain
Exploring Iconic Sites of Croatia & Italy • M2230
- Discover the history & culture of Italy & Croatia
- Explore quaint towns only accessible to smaller ships
- Admire the Bay of Kotor’s fjord-like surroundings