Cruising by Eyjafjallajökull
Eyjafjallajökull is a soaring, 5,466ft-high active volcano which famously erupted in 2010. Spewing dense volcanic ash clouds into the sky, which were subsequently blown across Europe, the Eyjafjallajökull eruption disrupted air travel for several weeks.
Situated on the beautiful south coast of Iceland, this notorious, ice-capped natural wonder is a simply breathtaking sight. Cruising slowly by, you’ll enjoy unspoilt views of the volcano; so be sure to have your camera close-by to capture incredible photos of one of Iceland’s most famous landmarks.
Cruises to Cruising by Eyjafjallajökull
Departs: Dover • Sat 20 Jun 2020
13 nights • Boudicca • D2015
- From whales to geysers, waterways to geothermal pools, the thrilling diversity of Iceland awaits your discovery as you explore three sides of this astonishing country on an incredible 13-night voyage.
- On the west coast, stop overnight in Reykjavik – gateway to the wonders of the Golden Circle and the Blue Lagoon; and visit Ísafjörður, for a chance to observe charming puffins on a tour to Vigur Island.
- Along the north coast, divert deep into Eyjafjörður all the way to Akureyri, starting point for exhilarating whale watching adventures; and then savour the stunning scenery of Seyðisfjörður in the east.
From £1,299ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Rosyth (Edinburgh) • Mon 29 Jun 2020
10 nights • Balmoral • L2014
- An epic circumnavigation of Iceland, this exhilarating adventure packs-in unmissable opportunities to marvel at awe-inspiring natural wonders, dramatic landscapes; magical wildlife; and much more.
- Visit Reykjavik, gateway to the Golden Circle’s famous waterfalls and powerful geysers; observe puffins at Vigur Island on a boat tour from Ísafjörður; and savour Seyðisfjörður’s stunning scenery.
- For an experience of a lifetime, you can embark on a magical whale watching tour from Akureyri, to see humpback and minke whales, dolphins and porpoises living freely in their natural habitat.
From £999ppFares Explained | What's Included