Cruising by Dún Aonghasa (Aran Islands)
A cruise by Dún Aonghasa is a cruise by – and a chance to marvel at – one of Western Europe’s most magnificent and best-preserved prehistoric stone fortresses.
Perched atop a towering, 300ft cliff on the southern shores of beautiful Inismór island, which in itself is a sight to behold during your scenic cruise along Ireland’s rugged west coast, Dún Aonghasa boasts impressive terrace walls that surround the inner enclosure, where it’s believed people first lived in around 1500BC.
From on board your Fred. Olsen ship, you’ll see the site in all its historic glory, as it stands firm against the Atlantic winds, and enjoy views of Inismór’s wild, typically-Irish scenery too, for a memorable cruise experience.
Cruises to Cruising by Dún Aonghasa
Scenic Isles, Irish Loughs & Cities • M2312
- An immersive delve into the beauty, rich culture and history of the ‘Emerald Isle’
- Experience scenic cruising of glacial waterways, see mighty cliffs and more
- Explore Irish folklore; links to Titanic; visit the home of Guinness; and even kiss the Blarney Stone
Scenic Irish Isles and Cities of Ireland • S2314
- Experience the beauty of rugged islands, islets and waterways in Ireland and Scotland
- Scenic cruise by Tory Island and Arranmore, sail lochs and sounds, see Fingal’s Cave and more
- Visit Cobh, Belfast and Galway, to learn of fascinating history and fairytale stories too