Cruise Strait of Messina
The Strait of Messina is steeped in legend and is famed for its rocks and whirlpools – many of which were personified as female monsters in Greek mythology.
An extremely busy highway of seafaring traffic, this narrow waterway is seen as being key to the economic success of Messina. The currents, whirlpools, and winds of the strait, which still hamper navigation, gave rise in ancient times to many legends about its dangers to navigators.
Cruises to Cruise Strait of Messina
Departs: Dover • Tue 01 Sep 2020
28 nights • Boudicca • D2023
- Visiting five stunning cities in five different countries, you have a chance to delve deep into the remarkable ancient history, authentic flavours and breathtaking beauty of the Black Sea.
- Step back to the days of Ottoman rule in Istanbul, home to famous landmarks such as Topkapi Palace and the Blue Mosque; and take the chance to visit wine valleys and tea plantations in Russia and Georgia.
- You can explore Odessa’s labyrinth-like Catacombs, and the Danube Delta – on boat tour from Constanta – too. What’s more, Boudicca will also help you to experience the best of the beautiful Mediterranean.
From £3,999ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Southampton • Fri 16 Apr 2021
25 nights • Braemar • M2109
- An outstanding voyage specially crafted to show you some of Greece’s most unique and authentic sights and experiences, this cruise is packed with the diverse highlights of an array of stunning destinations.
- The archaeological wonders of ancient towns, cultural and historical gems, beautiful beaches, postcard-perfect scenery and much more – your smaller-sized ship will bring you closer to it all with visits to gorgeous islands such as Crete, Rhodes and Kefallonia.
- The pièce de résistance is a simply unforgettable scenic cruise of the narrow Corinth Canal aboard Braemar, the longest ship to pass between this incredible waterway’s imposing, carefully carved cliffs.
From £4,599ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Liverpool • Tue 04 May 2021
18 nights • Black Watch • W2109
- Sail into the Mediterranean in the spring and succumb to the scenic, historical and cultural charms of sun-bathed Spanish, Italian and French destinations on this enchanting island-hopping adventure.
- Uncover Menorcan highlights such as impressive Monte Toro and glorious beaches; and take advantage of time in Mallorca to explore charming Palma, or take a scenic train ride to beautiful Sóller.
- Marvel at the dramatic Prunelli Gorges on the fabulous French Island of Corsica; enjoy the scenery, wines and traditions of Sardinia, Italy; and revel in the rich history of Valletta, Malta’s ancient capital.
From £2,499ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Southampton • Fri 23 Sep 2022
25 nights • Braemar • M22CC
- Make unforgettable memories on a seemingly impossible navigation through the narrowing cliffs of Greece’s remarkable Corinth Canal, made possible thanks to record-breaking Braemar’s smaller size.
- Uncover the captivating sights and sites of Greek islands, including the ancient wonders, beautiful beaches and palm-lined promenades of Crete, Rhodes, sleepy Syros and Kefallonia too.
- Immerse yourself in the Mediterranean magic of stunning islands and cities in Spain, Italy, Malta and Portugal, and revel in the spectacular sight of the mighty Stromboli Volcano.
From £4,399ppFares Explained | What's Included