Cruise by Lindisfarne & Bamburgh Castle Cruises
Sailing along beautiful coast of Northumberland is one of the very best, most memorable scenic cruising experiences enjoyed anywhere in the UK. From on board your Fred. Olsen ship, you’ll not only revel in views of areas of outstanding natural beauty and spot the North Sea’s native sea birds and marine life, but also see some of England’s most famous and important religious and historical sites in all their glory.
A glide by Lindisfarne is an undoubted highlight. In 635AD, Saint Aidan founded his monastery on the island, from where he spread the Christian message around the world, and through your binoculars you’ll spot historical sites such as the ancient priory, churches and castle, set amongst Lindisfarne’s beautifully rugged landscapes. As you look to the mainland coast, another of England’s most magnificent castles comes into view too – Grade I listed Bamburgh Castle is always a sight to behold, with its imposing 11th century walls, towers and turrets.
Cruises to Cruise by Lindisfarne & Bamburgh Castle
Isles of Scotland & the Faroes • T2321
- Delight in the beauty, history and culture of Scottish isles and the Faroes
- See the landscapes and wonders of Shetland and Orkney
- Visit Tórshavn, with its Viking heritage, diverse architecture and unique local life
Discovering Scandinavia's Viking Heritage • L2320
- Explore the Viking heritage of historic destinations in Norway, Denmark and the UK
- See original Viking ships; visit Viking burial grounds; and much more
- Experience scenic cruising along Norwegian fjords and by Lindisfarne too