Cartagena de Indias Cruises
An enthralling and staggeringly beautiful city, Cartagena is one of Colombia's true gems bursting with Spanish heritage. Dominated by the Castillo de San Felipe de Barajas, the captivating city of Cartagena is also home to the wonderful Santo Domingo Plaza, Palacio de la Inquisicion and its 16th century cathedral.
Taking time out to relax at one of Cartagena's many open-air cafés is a popular pastime;[ReadMoreMob] perfect for watching the parade of horse-drawn carriages, fashionable locals and romantic street life. From one of its many beaches, many take the opportunity to mingle with the sea life on a Cartegena snorkelling trip, passing San Jose and San Ferna en route.
San Felipe de Barajas Castle
The magnificent Castle of San Felipe de Barajas is one of Cartagena’s main sights, and is regarded by many as the most outstanding feat of Spanish military engineering in the New World. Construction on the castle began in the 16th century and continued over 120 years.
Colombia is renowned across the globe for its emeralds, producing approximately two thirds of the world’s supply of these precious stones. The majority of emerald mining in Colombia takes place in the regions of Boyacá and Cundinamarca, on the eastern slope of the Andes.
Cartagena’s old city boasts some of the most impressive architecture in South America, and is a must-see for any visitor here. Construction began towards the end of the 16th century and took almost 200 years to complete due to destruction from piracy and storm damage.
Cruises to Cartagena de Indias
Departs: Southampton • Tue 04 Jan 2022
79 nights • Bolette • T2201
- Immerse yourself in an intoxicating blend of history, culture and beauty as you discover iconic destinations and unforgettable highlights on an epic, in-depth exploration of Latin America.
- You can have a private mass at Rio’s legendary Christ the Redeemer; dance the tango in Buenos Aires; tour to magnificent Machu Picchu; and much more.
- Scenic cruising by Cape Horn; through the Chilean Fjords spectacular mountains and glaciers; and navigating the Panama Canal will create everlasting memories.
From £8,299ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Havana • Thu 20 Jan 2022
14 nights • Braemar • M2202
- Join Braemar for an epic journey taking in the cultural and historical highlights of stunning destinations in the Caribbean and the Americas.
- Port Royal is your gateway to Kingston, for a taste of quintessential Jamaican culture; and there’s time for an in-depth discovery of the fabled Cuban city of Havana.
- There are incredible Mayan ruins to uncover in Mexico and Belize; and a remarkable, ancient walled city is yours to explore at Cartagena de Indias, Colombia.
From £2,499ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Buenos Aires • Sat 29 Jan 2022
54 nights • Bolette • T220304
- With scenic cruising of incredible waterways and visits to stunning South and Central American destinations, you’re in for an expedition packed with highlights.
- Marvel at the spectacular scenes of Patagonia, the Andes and Chilean Fjords; take the chance to visit ancient Machu Picchu in Peru; and cruise the remarkable Panama Canal.
- Explore historic Costa Rican and Colombian cities; enjoy a taste of authentic Cuban life in Havana; uncover Cozumel’s Mayan ruins; and sample paradise in the Bahamas and Bermuda.
From £7,249ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Callao • Tue 22 Feb 2022
30 nights • Bolette • T2204
- Sailing from Peru back to the UK via captivating cities and beautiful islands in the Americas, you’re in for a holiday of lifetime discovering cultural, historic and scenic wonders galore.
- Begin with a memorable sailing of the magnificent Panama Canal, before Puerto Limón and Cartagena de Indias add Hispanic flair to the mix.
- Seek out Cozumel’s Mayan ruins and fauna-rich coral reefs; uncover the ancient sites of Belize City; and immerse yourself in the peace and paradise of the glorious Caribbean.
From £3,999ppFares Explained | What's Included