Located in Far North Queensland, Cairns is the gateway to Australia’s Tropical North and the Great Barrier Reef - best known for its outstanding corals, and is one of the seven wonders of the natural world. The city itself has a 2km long Esplanade as its focal point, framed by historic buildings and a swimming lagoon. Close to Cairns are the Aboriginal and Torres Strait people, who have inhabited the land and reef around here for thousands of years.
Great Barrier Reef
One of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World, the Great Barrier Reef boasts 400 coral varieties, 1,500 species of fish and 900 islands, spanning over 2,600 kilometres. Snorkelling is one of the best ways to experience this incredible spectacle of nature.
Australia’s indigenous culture is one of the oldest in the world. Experiencing ancient Aboriginal traditions, from watching a dance performance to playing the didgeridoo, is a great way to learn more about this fascinating and diverse heritage.
Cruises to Cairns
World Cruise • S2402
- Experience a Round the World cruise on Borealis
- Discover a mix of cultural and natural wonders
- Explore Sydney, Singapore, Mumbai and New Zealand
Florida, Hawaii & Far East • S240305
- Explore the east coast of America before heading to Hawaii
- Enjoy scenic discoveries in New Zealand's beautiful Sounds
- Experience life in three fascinating Indian cities
Be the first to hear about our latest cruise deals by signing up to receive our emails.
Hawaii, Oceania & the Far East • S240405
- Experience the cultures of Hawaii and French Polynesia
- Contrast the iconic sights of Sydney with the fjords of New Zealand
- Experience the hustle and bustle of Mumbai and Kochi
Costa Rica to Southampton • S240406
- Marvel at the peaks and still waters of New Zealand's fjords
- Discover some of the most iconic sights of Australia
- Experience the contrasts of Asia, from tribal Alotau to bustling Mumbai
Exploring Australia & the Far East • S2405
- Discover diverse Australian cities and Asian destinations
- See Sydney’s world-famous attractions; and go in search of natural wonders
- Visit tribal Papua New Guinea; explore Bali, Phuket and Komodo Island
Australia, Far East & the Mediterranean • S240506
- Experience an adventure of natural wonders and enriching cultures
- See Sydney’s iconic attractions and discover the contrasts of Asia
- Visit the ‘Lost City’ of Petra and sail Egypt’s Suez Canal
World Cruise from Liverpool to Southampton • S240102
- Experience the thrill of an around the world voyage on Borealis
- Discover a mix of cultural, historical and natural wonders
- Find paradise at Pacific Islands and explore Sydney, Singapore and Mumbai.