Belle Ile Cruises
It’s not hard to see how Belle-Île got its name – the beauty of this island is found in the magnificent coastline, which varies between unspoilt beaches and dramatic cliffs, with the occasional quaint townships in between.[ReadMoreMob] Brittany’s largest island lies south of Quiberon, in the Morbihan department, and is divided into four communes: Le Palais, Sauzon, Bangor and Locmaria. Le Palais is the island’s hub, with pastel-coloured buildings housing bakeries, cafes and shops, and an imposing citadel overlooking the harbour. Sauzon is a pretty fishing village at the top of Belle-Île close to the magnificent La Pointe des Poulains – a magnificent area of rocky coastline dominated by a lighthouse. Locmaria in the southeast has some excellent beaches, while Bangor is a great place to start for those looking to explore the island’s wild coast in the south-west.
Despite its turbulent history, with numerous pirate attacks and a brief period of English occupation in the 1700s, Belle-Île today is a tourism hotspot, enticing visitors with its natural beauty.
Cruises to Belle Ile
Departs: Dover • Fri 02 Jul 2021
9 nights • Bolette • T2117
- Take in the scenic and city delights of gorgeous French region as Bolette guides you on a mesmerising journey of discovery.
- Sail the picturesque Gironde and Garonne rivers to Bassens and visit Bordeaux, where you can immerse yourself in local arts, culture and world-famous wine heritage.
- Visit the beautiful coast of Brittany for a rare call at Belle Ile and to discover the centuries-old treasure of St Malo or Mont St Michel; and, in Normandy, revel in the historic highlights of Cherbourg.
From £1,299ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Liverpool • Mon 19 Jul 2021
10 nights • Borealis • S2116
- Enjoy an authentic taste of France and Spain, visiting regions and destinations selected for links to famous food and drink.
- Visit Bordeaux, famed for its Medoc, Merlot and Saint Emilion wines – an overnight stay allows for a tour to an enchanting family-run vineyard, and see the city’s iconic sights too.
- On Brittany’s beautiful coast, you can tour to the famed oyster town of Cancale; while in Spain, Getxo and Avilés offer traditional Basque tapas, Rioja wines and sweet Asturian cider.
From £1,499ppFares Explained | What's Included