When taking a cruise holiday that visits Ashdod, the first and best, place to begin exploring is at Givat Yonah; the traditional site of the tomb of sea-faring Jonah the Prophet, who was said to be swallowed by a whale.
With white-washed Mediterranean style buildings and its many beaches, it is easy to see why it is such a popular city for visitors. [ReadMoreMob] Take time to sample some of the local food here, which includes traditional falafel, hummus, pitta breads; washed down with a good strong coffee, whilst people watching.
The new glass-roofed ‘winged’ Ashdod Art Museum and the Corinne Maman Museum are both worth visiting, the latter has a unique interior design which echoes the city’s ancient history.
Journey to the Holy Land
No visit to Israel would be complete without a visit to Jerusalem and Bethlehem. A perfect chance to follow paths and visit sites from the story of Jesus, including the Garden of Gethsemane, the Church of the Holy Sepulchre and the Church of the Nativity.
This iconic lake is one of the saltiest bodies of water on the planet. Those who choose to take a refreshing dip will find that they can float effortlessly on the buoyant, mineral-rich waters, which are more than four times denser than fresh water.
Cruises to Ashdod
Departs: Colombo • Thu 06 Feb 2020
28 nights • Boudicca • D200304
- Visits to inspirational Indian, Arabia and ancient Middle Eastern destinations will present you with an array of authentic sights and experiences on this exciting cruise adventure, with traditional and modern delights, fascinating historical and spiritual sites, and much more awaiting your discovery.
- Your Indian exploration will include overnight stays in Kochi, for the famous Chinese cantilever fishing nets and a tour to the Taj Mahal, and charming Goa; a full-day to immerse yourself in the hustle and bustle of Mumbai; and a call at Porbandar, birthplace of Gandhi – the ‘Father of India’.
- You’ll also have chances to explore the beautiful Musandam Fjords, see Muscat’s palaces and mosques, and discover the Lost City of Ubar in Oman; visit ancient Petra – one of the Seven Wonders of the Modern World – in Jordan; and take tours to Jerusalem and Bethlehem from Ashdod, Israel.
From £4,599ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Dubai • Thu 20 Feb 2020
14 nights • Boudicca • D2004
- With chances to dig deeper and immerse yourself in centuries of extraordinary history at some of the world’s oldest, most famous and best-preserved ‘lost cities’ and holy sites, there’s much more to this exciting cruise than the ports listed on the itinerary.
- In Oman, you can explore the spectacular Musandam Fjords on a boat trip from Khasab; marvel at the mosques and palaces of Muscat; and discover the Lost City of Ubar on tour from Salalah. Another of Arabia’s lost cities also awaits you in Jordan; Aqaba is your gateway to spellbinding Petra.
- After a cruise along Egypt’s Suez Canal, Boudicca will also head to the beautiful Mediterranean Coast of Israel and call at Ashdod. Here you’ll be ideally located for tours to Jerusalem – a spiritual treasure for Jewish, Muslim and Christian pilgrim – and Bethlehem, birthplace of Jesus Christ.
From £2,799ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Dubai • Thu 20 Feb 2020
28 nights • Boudicca • D200405
- Countless iconic and inspirational sights await you on this incredible cruise through Arabia, the Middle East and the Mediterranean aboard Remarkable ‘lost cities’, magnificent ancient wonders and fascinating holy sites are just a few of the highlights on this incredible journey.
- You could explore the beautiful Musandam Fjords, see Muscat’s palaces and mosques, and discover the Lost City of Ubar in Oman; visit ancient Petra – one of the Seven Wonders of the Modern World – in Jordan; and take tours to Jerusalem and Bethlehem from Ashdod, Israel.
- In the Mediterranean, you can delve into Crete’s over 5000-year-old history and seek-out Athens’ iconic ancient wonders; delight in the sight of Valletta’s UNESCO-listed Grand Harbour in Malta; and uncover the attractions of three stunning Spanish cities, Palma de Mallorca, Cartagena and Malaga.
From £3,949ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Southampton • Thu 05 Nov 2020
140 nights • Boudicca • D20GV
- A holiday beyond your wildest dreams, this 140-night voyage to some of the world’s most iconic and intoxicating destinations offers authentic cultures and traditions, amazing wildlife, spectacular scenery and much more.
- Experience an exhilarating Asian exploration, to learn of samurais and geishas in Japan; explore the war-torn history of Vietnam; sample India’s engrossing hustle and bustle; and even celebrate New Year’s Eve in stunning Singapore.
- African adventures include chances to seek-out South Africa’s ‘Big Five’ game and Madagascar’s iconic flora and fauna; explore the colossal Namib Desert; marvel at the Great Pyramid of Giza; and sail the impressive Suez Canal.
From £13,999ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Phuket • Thu 11 Feb 2021
28 nights • Boudicca • D210304
- Uncover a mix of modern architectural and cultural delights, awe-inspiring holy sites and remarkable centuries-old wonders on this incredible voyage to India, Arabia and the ancient Middle East.
- See famous Chinese cantilever fishing nets, or take an overland tour to the Taj Mahal from Kochi; explore Goa’s rich European heritage; and immerse yourself in Mumbai’s legendary hustle and bustle.
- Marvel at Muscat’s magnificent Arabic architecture; seek-out some of the world’s great ancient sites in Egypt and Jordan, including Great Pyramids of Giza; and take chances to visit holy Jerusalem and Bethlehem in Israel.
From £4,299ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Muscat • Thu 25 Feb 2021
14 nights • Boudicca • D2104
- Step back in time among some of the world’s most remarkable ancient sites, with chances to uncover a plethora of centuries-old wonders, explore theories about events of yesteryear, and creates lasting memories.
- In Egypt, you can explore the extraordinary Valley of the Kings and marvel at the magnificent Pyramids of Giza, on tours from Safaga and Alexandria respectively, and experience a navigation of the impressive Suez Canal.
- You’ll be afforded an opportunity to see the ancient tombs, archways and temples of the ‘Lost City’ of Petra in Jordan, while hallowed sites await in Israel too, including the holy treasures of Jerusalem and Bethlehem.
From £2,599ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Muscat • Thu 25 Feb 2021
28 nights • Boudicca • D210405
- Visit incredible destinations in the ancient Middle East and the Mediterranean, for unmissable opportunities to step back in time amongst centuries-old wonders and revel in the architectural, cultural and scenic delights of these captivating regions.
- Seek-out some of the world’s greatest ancient sites, including the Pyramids of Giza and ‘Lost City’ of Petra, in Egypt and Jordan; and explore the holy lands of Jerusalem and Bethlehem from Ashdod and Haifa in Israel.
- Delve into the legendary ancient history of Greece in Crete and Athens, with its famous temples and ruins; sail into Valletta’s magical Grand Harbour; and uncover the attractions of three stunning Spanish cities.
From £3,499ppFares Explained | What's Included