Search frequently asked questions
Can I pre-book my seat on my flight?
On dedicated flights operated by Thomas Cook Airlines on behalf of Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines, guests can pre-book their seats. This applies on flights to/from Aqaba, Abu Dhabi, Barbados, Colombo, Manaus & Mauritius.
To pre-book seats in the economy cabin, you will need to book directly with Thomas Cook Airlines. You can book in two ways:
You can access Thomas Cook Airlines website.
- Click on ‘manage my booking’
- Select the ‘other tour operator’ option
- Using the drop-down menu, select ‘Fred. Olsen’
- Your booking number will be your Fred. Osen booking reference, which can be found in the top right-hand corner of your booking confirmation/invoice.
You can call Thomas Cook Airlines on 01733 224 330, (selecting option four, then option two and finally option two), to make your booking.
When making your booking, please have the following information to hand;
- Date of flight(s)
- Flight number(s). This can be found on your booking confirmation or flight itinerary. Your flight number will begin with the letters MT, followed by four numbers. If you are unsure of your flight number, please call Fred. Olsen Guest Services on 0800 0355 120.
Important – Please double check your flight number when pre-booking your seat as Thomas Cook often operate their own separate scheduled flight on the same route and same day.
- Flight route (i.e. Gatwick to Barbados)
- Fred. Olsen booking reference. This can be found in the top right section of your Booking Confirmation
- Names of all guests travelling
- Date of birth for all guests travelling
- Contact e-mail address & telephone number for the lead guest
- Credit, or debit card
Prices to pre-book economy seats start from just £22 per person one way.
If you are travelling in Premium Economy, please contact Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines directly on 0800 0355 120 to pre-book your seat. At time of booking, you will need your Fred. Olsen Booking Reference. For flights operating in the Winter 2018/19 season, there is no charge to pre-book your flight seat in Premium Economy. You can view the Premium Economy seating plan for your selected flight here:
> Barbados, Aqaba & Abu Dhabi.pdf
> Manaus, Colombo & Mauritius.pdf
Airport Assistance/Medical Requests
If you require mobility assistance at the airport, would like to discuss a medical condition that you feel the airline should be made aware of, or have any special dietary requirements for your flight, please call our Guest Services Department on 0800 0355 120 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. This includes:
- Assistance from check-in to the boarding gate
- Assistance from check-in to the aircraft steps (ambulift)
- Assistance from check-in to your aircraft seat
- Require a seat close to the toilet/exit, due to a medical condition
- Special dietary requirements for the meals on board your flight
Please note that if you are flying with Thomas Cook Airlines, all assistance or special requests must be advised to Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines and not directly with the airline.
Terms & Conditions
Economy Cabin: Full payment due at time of booking. Booking must be made direct with Thomas Cook Airlines. Economy cabin seat bookings close 48 hours prior to departure. Cancellation charges - free of charge if more than 12 weeks prior to departure. Within 12 weeks of departure, 100% cancellation charges apply. Premium Cabin: Booking must be made direct with Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines. Premium cabin seat bookings close four working days prior to departure.
Thank you for your feedback